Sunday, May 25, 2008

Lonavla Retreat

I spent 6 days and 5 nights in the town of Lonavla, about an hour from our home, on a professional retreat with the NGO I'm working for, and it was a great experience. 


Despite coming down with either a very nasty bug or some sort of food poisoning on the second day, and spending almost 2 days in bed, the rest of the time was spent meeting and interacting with about 35 new faces, all with similar hopes and dreams of a better world through education. 

The retreat was held at a training center, which had a small hotel, dining hall, conference room, gardens, an outdoor pavilion, a tennis court, barbeque, you name it. The place was gorgeous. 

We attended workshops from 7am until about 11pm every day, which of course tired most of us out pretty significantly. But, it was all worth it all the way through. We focused on poverty and the need to provide solid, meaningful education to those in need, in order for those who live in poverty to lift themselves out through increased opportunities. 

In short, it was a wonderful time, I learned a lot, and solidified my thoughts about what I'm doing and where we're both headed. 

But I missed home, and I'm glad to be back! 




No comments: